Congress must pass a “new bill of rights”. These are basic rights for all citizens, not privileges for a few.
- Right to have scientifically based policies in place to stop climate change and hold CO2 to 350 ppm.
- Right to single-payer, affordable, basic healthcare for all.
- Right to public education from pre-school through trade school or college.
- Right to a job with a livable wage for those over 18.
- Right to income tax fairness. No special capital gains rate. 50% marginal rate for earnings over $500 K /year. 75% marginal rate for earnings over over $500 K /year. 75% marginal rate for earnings over $1 million/ year. million/ year.
- Right to a truly fair representative democracy. Publicly funded elections lasting only 3 months. Consequences for untrue political statements.
- Right to law enforcement and criminal justice systems that are not biased against low income people and minorities.