Anlysing the data collected from game to find the responce to a calamity by people of different demographics
Create a mobile game where the player is introduced to a virtual environment and asked to perform some objectives. After he performs the given tasks he gets familiar with the environment and then we introduce a natural calamity and record his fight-or-flight response . We will record his movements using the triggers already placed in the game and collect the data in our database.
By analyzing the data collected we can plot graphs to find the response to the calamity by people of different demographics .
We can record data like
- Familiarity with the calamity and understanding of the severity of it
- Attitude of the person to the calamity i.e : calm or panicking
- Reaction time on seeing the calamity
- Immediate response
- How does he try to escape
Category of the action
What actions do you propose?
Based on the data collected and with help of disaster management experts and the government agencies we can identify
- Hotspots where the people are likely to hide for rescue
- Where to put up warnings and directions to guide the people
- How to organize an evacuation incase of a natural disaster
- Identify people who are good at judging the situation and train them to lead group of people to safety
There are lot of information that can be gathered from the data we collect from this crowd sourcing project and I have just outlined a few that comes to my mind.
- Allowing users to login using Facebook will get us even more details about the person whose data we have
- Make the game multiplayer to see how people react when there is chaos and identify leaders and followers
- Recreate a disaster in a Massively Multiplayer Game (MMORPG) like Warcraft with help of the developers to understand crowd mentality
Who will take these actions?
Where will these actions be taken?
What are other key benefits?
The main objective of this project is to
- Educate people
- Reduce loss of life
- Create the best search and rescue plan