Pledge To Drive Electric Vehicles and Install Electric Vehicle Charging Stations by Electric Car Pledge
Marketing outreach to consumers and business owners. Help spread the word about the benefits of electric vehicles and charging stations.
Help spread the word about the benefits of electric vehicles and plug in hybrid electric vehicles via the outreach campaign at http://www.ElectricCarPledge.com. Increase the number of electric vehicle charging stations.
1. EV Shows - Ride-N-Drive Events. Consumer facing events. Cooperation with local auto dealers, elected officials, government agencies. Currently an event in Bakersfield CA as part of National Drive Electric Week. http://www.electriccarpledge.com/electric-vehicle-events/bakersfield-electric-vehicle-festival/
2. EV Photo Contest - EV drivers submit images of their EV/PHEV with their favorite pet. Viral marketinghttp://www.electriccarpledge.com/ev-pets-form
3. Partnered with ChargePoint - Charge My Business - Host networking meetings in cities across the country. These meetings are hosted by local SEO experts who partner with EV Charging Station companies. Business owners are invited to get free SEO advice and hear the benefits of having workplace or retail charging stations. Many consumers are hesitant to purchase a 100% EV until more charging stations are available. This campaign will accelerate this process. The ECP website has already generated leads for electric vehicle charging stations throughout the US.http://www.electriccarpledge.com/electric-vehicle-charging-stations-by-chargepoint
4. Increase exposure of EVs to high school students. Hold workshops at high schools. Offer lectures or assemblies at high schools to target first time buyers which will help to influence behaviors in the long term and to educate on job opportunities in the EV and EV infrastructure industry.
5. Partnered with Edmunds.com to list all current EVs and PHEVs on the Electric Car Pledge Marketplace.http://www.electriccarpledge.com/electric-vehicle-store
Category of the action
Building efficiency: Physical Action
What actions do you propose?
Share the site on social media channels.
Who will take these actions?
Anyone who is interested in sustainable energy, energy security and reducing co2 emissions. Over 600 Pledges have been made to date.
Where will these actions be taken?
Anyone in the world can take the pledge. If someone pledges on the website, we send that information for free to dealers based on zip or postal codes. The dealer then contacts the consumer with the benefits of EVs along with any available rebates, which they be federal, state or local.
How much will emissions be reduced or sequestered vs. business as usual levels?
What are other key benefits?
Cost savings to the consumer. Energy security.
What are the proposal’s costs?
Costs include marketing and marketing materials.
Indefinite or until EVs are the main source of passenger transportation.
Center For Sustainable Energy
San Joaquin Valley Electric Vehicle Partnership (link to Action Plan upon request)
Plug In America