Acetone based fuels and organic acid treatment to handle plastic waste and create alternate fuel
At times, we have seen rodents, consuming plastic covers, when they don’t have any food. They do survive, after consuming the plastics. So probably some of these plastics, at least the plastic covers may be degradable by the saliva of the rodents, probably this applies when they are hunger.
The plastics are soluble in organic solvents,
- Xylene / Toulene could be the best solvents that can be used.
Ref Plastic-Chemical reaction chart : http://www.plasticsintl.com/plastics_chemical_resistence_chart.html
From the above chart, Acetone, Xylene/Toulene are the best choice for plastic treatment. As they cover most of the category. But based on the requirement probably the choice of the chemical can be changed.
Category of the action
Who will take these actions?
- Research on crude oil and additives.
Though we are campaigning on non carbon fuels, the change will not occur immediately, with acetone based carbon fuels combustion will be better as they have cleansing property. This kind of fuel can be used in old vehicles and heavy machinery. Even if the efficiency of the machines increases up to to 1% (Though we can achieve more than 1%) the reduction in heat will be more as we are reducing green house gases by achieving proper combustion. Along with Algae forest idea the efficiency of the system can be increased many fold.
What are other key benefits?
- Alternate fuels can be produces a)algae-bio-diesel when algae frames used, b) acetone base fuel is produced.
- Residual waste can be used to lay roads, as they are petroleum by products.
What are the proposal’s costs?
Algae Forest to reduce the heat
- Pyrolysis of Polystyrene http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF02697198#page-1