Engage Community Members Through a Community Art Project by Laura Farris
Please find below the
Proposal: Engage Community Members Through a Community Art Project Contest: Fostering Climate Collaboration in Boulder, CO 2016 Thank you for your contest entry, Engage Community Members Through a Community Art Project. We appreciate your willingness to share your ideas, and also the time and effort you put into developing a proposal and submitting it to the
A community art project is a great way to bring people together and increase the climate change awareness. Arts certainly have the capacity to motivate people for change.
This proposal, however, seems inadequate for mobilizing people to the degree required. Much of it needs to be made more complete and specific, such as:
* Have you spoken to the organizations you'd like to implement this? Do they have any interest in doing so? If they're not, the project is stuck.
* Can you describe the process you'd propose for how the various stakeholders will coordinate and make decisions together? This seems crucial for understanding how this project will create a win-win for them.
* What would the funds be used for? Can you explain a bit about the breakdown of the budget? You may wish to seek out corporate sponsors for this project. Try Google.
* How would the art project create lasting follow-through after the work is completed?
* Perhaps create the design(s) by running a city wide competition. That would help spread the words and ignite interest.
This is similar to the “Community Art: Let’s All Make a Mural” proposal, which is very actionable. You may wish to collaborate with them.
No comments have been posted.