ocean cooling machine powered by Thermal mass oven as explained in Energy supply by ATP: we power life
Using large tubes sunk into the ocean 2000', with props set in them to draw the cold water up, and intermix it into the surface layer.
1. The basic Idea is to use a large ocean floating platform to sink large 20' diameter tubes into the ocean to a depth of 2000', and will be connected to a bell housing to increase up flow efficiency. These tubes will contain large props in the top, to draw cold water from the depths, and spill it onto the surface to intermix and cool the surface layer.
2. The water will be pushed through a screen at the top to aerate it, and will be kept on the surface by using spillways attached to the structure to prevent the denser water from sinking through the warmer less dense upper layer. thus encouraging the effective intermixing of the cold water into the surface layer.
3. This will cool the surface layer, and wash out acidity caused by carbon gas infiltration. Immediately making the ocean more habitable to life, and providing atmospheric cooling through radiation processes.
4. The cooling of the oceans surface layer will allow the proliferation of Phytoplankton, which cannot breed in warm water. Their proliferation will immediately increase oxygen production, and carbon sequestering, as well as providing the marine food chain with this first phase food source. Further, the washing out of the acidic content in the surface layer will allow Zooplankton to proliferate, and eat the phytoplnkton, providing the second phase step in the marine food chain. Presently Zooplankton are having problems forming calcium shells due to the rising acidic content caused by infiltrating carbon gases.
a. This will immediately increase the health and productivity of the oceans.
5. These ocean cooling machines will be powered by the hydrogen powered thermal mass oven, as explained in the contest "Energy Supply" and thus will produce no pollution and have very little heat loss into the atmosphere, making this system very eco-friendly.
Category of the action
What actions do you propose?
1. The cooling of the ocean surface using the cold stored in the ocean depths will have immediate positive effects on the oceans and atmosphere.
a. Phytoplankton proliferation will increase oxygen production and carbon sequestering, and with Zooplankton proliferation, will increase the food source of the oceans allowing for them to become more productive.
b. The contact point of the ocean surface layer and the atmosphere will help cool the atmosphere.
2. These machines should be placed in the warm water currents leading to Antarctica, the Arctic, and Greenland, to cool the water as much as possible before it reaches these glacier covered areas.
a. The warmer water is presently undercutting the glaciers, and must be stopped as the melting of the glaciers is causing this weight of water to be shifted into the oceans, which push harder on the ocean plates, while the land where the water came from becomes lighter.
1. This re-distribution of this water weight is causing seismic unrest, which is resulting in an increase in earthquakes and volcanic activity across the globe, and will progressively increase and become worse as this process continues. This process will become self sustaining due to volcanic activity at some point in the near future, and thus must be stopped before reaching this point.
3. These ocean cooling machines should also be placed in the entry points to the Gulf of Mexico, the Philippine islands, the Mediterranean Sea, and the great barrier reef in Australia, as these shallow coastal and estuary areas are quick to heat up, and support large populations of marine life that would be better served by providing them with colder waters.
Who will take these actions?
Governments should use the carbon taxes on businesses, and promote taxes on fossil fuels to fund the building of these ocean cooling machines.
Where will these actions be taken?
Globally. In oceans, seas, large lakes.
What are other key benefits?
1. These ocean cooling machines could be placed in oceans, along the equatorial desert regions where no life grows as water is to warm.
2. These machines could be used to cool 100 mile x 100 mile areas, facilitating the growth of Phytoplankton, then Zooplankton, then shrimp, then squid, and finally small and larger fish. Creating fish farms in these 10,000 miles sq. fish pens.
3. The fish cannot escape as the water outside the pen is to warm for them to breath, and their movements would be easily controlled by turning on and off ocean cooling machines, so that they could be lead to other pens where food was more abundant, or bunched for harvesting.
4. Further, the inclusion of desalination facilities, and greenhouses for hydroponics use, on these floating platforms would further increase food production to help offset the price for building these structures, and for their up keep.
What are the proposal’s costs?
1. ?? I imagine somewhere near 10 to 15 million per platform. Though that would be subject to the inclusions available. (ie. living quarters, desalination, greenhouses, etc.)
2. I picture 100's of these ocean cooling machine created fish farms, each 10,000 sq. miles, containing millions of
ASAP. And sooner if possible. I imagine that the effects from a hundred of these machines would be seen within a year.
Cooler atmosphere, more productive oceans, less glacier melt, less sever tornados and hurricanes (severity is increased by heat as a hotter atmosphere holds more moisture, making it heavier, thus increasing severity)
Further I imagine within 5 years the cooling effect would begin to decrease the seismic and volcanic activity that are a result of the glacier melt adding water weight to the ocean floor.
Hydrogen powered thermal mass oven for large scale electrical production (Energy Supply contest)
All pretty common knowledge. I'm pretty simple minded.