During the marriage ceremony in India a lot of food is wasted. This food can be used to supply energy for the locality.
This project will focus on using the biodegradable waste from the community or marriage halls in India. We know that India is second largest population in world and there is high number of marriage ceremonies going around throughout the year. If we take my City in consideration, there are a lot of Marriage Halls or Community halls, for the proportion 1 hall each 3-4 Kilometer. The food waste from these halls can be used to produce bio energy and provide the localities with cooking fuel and street lights and the compost for the public gardens. This project will reduce the use of LPG and electricity use from the municipal corporations.
What actions do you propose?
The main issue that can be faced to implement this project is why these hall owners or catering companies will give us the waste. For that we will have to suggest new laws under the city corporation. Like "Polluters Pay Policy" there should be a policy for these halls and catering and also for the hotels.
I would suggest following policies:
1. The people owning community halls or similar business which includes food services will have to come in mutual contract with the municipality to trade waste food to the municipal corporation. If there is observed any sort of waste from these business institutions in public, they will be charged with thrice the price of the trading the waste to municipality.
2. The household waste is requested to separate according to the content.
Who will take these actions?
Government: Grants or Funding for initial investment.
Individual: Proper separation of the waste.
Business Entity: Proper Collection of waste and collaboration with the municipality
Where will these actions be taken?
Considering main focus on Food waste from Community/Wedding Halls, this project is most possible in India.
How much will emissions be reduced or sequestered vs. business as usual levels?
We are aware of the fact that Bio Energy is very environmental friendly substitute to fossil fuel. Considering this the use of LPG will lower by half in 5 years and the compost will help public gardens for better growth of trees which will improve the air quality in the location.
What are other key benefits?
For Summing up the key benefits :
1. Green Energy to the society.
2. Proper Waste Disposal.
3. Beautiful Gardens with good health of plants.
4. The lowering of pollution.
5. The reduction in global warming.