A building lead the high-speed, dry, low temperature air down to the ground, into power generation, cooling,and blowing haze away.
High-altitude wind is uninterrupted. High speed, stable characteristics, the use of high-altitude wind technology there are many.
The upper part of the building is the wind tower, the wind tower is divided into roof, enter the wind section, the export section and the foundation, the bottom of the exit installation of wind power turbine can be used to generate electricity, the adjustable outlet can be used for near the region cooling, dehumidification, set the directional outlet and rotating base, it can be targeted to drive away the area of contaminated air and haze. The above three kinds of use can be used in conjunction.
More than 600 meters of buildings are more and more, do not use high-altitude wind energy, it is a huge waste.
Is this proposal for a practice or a project?
What actions do you propose?
1 . Theories Foundation
Atmospheric Vertical Motion- Wind Shear
The atmospheric vertical motion is known as convection?Regular air rising and sinking motion in the vertical direction.
Thermodynamic reasons,Thermal convection.
Dynamic reasons?Horizontal divergence and convergence?including:Frontal lifting and uplift.
2.Microburst-Intervening atmospheric motion
The microburst is small downdraft that moves in a way opposite of a tornado. Microbursts are found in strong thunderstorms
WIKImedia?When dry air enters a thunderstorm, the rain can evaporate and cool the dry air mass, which then sinks. When it impacts the ground, it spreads out in all directions, creating strong straight-line winds.
Rain Bomb_ Rare 'Wet Microburst’ Caught on Camera in Stunning Timelapsehttps://www.youtube.com/embed/a_G2KRzha7o
Maximum wind speeds:270km/h ,75m/s.
Pressure may reach 2-3kpa!
3.General Structural Wind Tower(Wind Dam)
Definition of wind tower? The infrastructure for changing the high altitude wind down and increasing the wind window to Concentrate wind power density.
Based on the principle of the Atmospheric Vertical Motion.
1.Artificial wind shear conditions
2.Manufacture of atmospheric motion
3.Similar to the microburst
4. Wind Tower Technology
4-1. Feasibility for Building Wind Tower
High Wind Tower
1. Without living requirements
2. Without load requirements
3. Allowable light-weighting
4. Allowable Flexibility
5. Allowable slope
6. Allowable rocking
Sky Mile Tower:Feasibility for 3000m -Japan plan,1700 m high,500,000 people live here
4-2. Examples of Collection of Wind Energy
Discovery Channel- Incredible Engineering Blunders: Fixed 2
4-3.Increasing Wind Speed Proportion
4-4.Subject of Wind Tower?Dam? Technology
Wind Tower is divided into roof, the in-wind section, the Lead-wind section, the export section and the foundation, you can also make the wind down around the arc outside.
The bottom of the installation of wind turbines can be utilized to generate generate electricity.
Bottom outlet is setting adjustable outlet. It can be used to cool.
The bottom outlet is set to orient the outlet and rotate the base, which can be driven away from the contaminated air and the haze.
The above three kinds of use can be used.
4-5. Power Generation
4-5-1 High altitude wind energy reserves
Map of the world Wind energy reserves
4-5-2.High Altitude Wind Power Generation
4-5-3. Technology Principle of Wind Tower
Concentrated Wind Energy
4-5-4.Calculate Roughly of Wind Tower—Design Parameter
5.In response to the judges' questions
A.Are you sure that the proposal will not have any structural problem?
The high-level structure of the airstream is indeed a technical challenge, including both favorable and unfavorable factors.
1. The induced draft structure itself has the weakening factor of wind force: the wind pressure is divided into three parts, one part acts on the opposite wall and the other part acts on the inlet damper, and then disperses in the action to enter the end wall and the upward top. This is in favor of the overall building against strong winds.
The project proposal uses the second structure—inter rope structure, High-strength ropes pull the opposite wall inside the wind tower, with a high-strength composite film pulling and dividing the space inside the wind tower (6 spaces).
2. Open-hole structure of the building is conducive to resist wind pressure: opening construction is conducive to decentralized pressure, increasing wind load of the building, see:
KIKITSU H, OKADA H. Open passage design of tall buildings for reducing aerodynamics response [ A] . Wind Engineer ing into the 21st Century[ C] . Larose: Larose & Livesey Press, 1999 667- 672.
3. Zigzag angle structure can increase the wind load, reduce wind pressure, we designed the wind structure using this program.
See video?101 building - jagged angle effect https://youtu.be/D9IWOh_x9ZQ
4. Simulation analysis results
a. Simple model
b. Basic parameter setting
c. Calculation results:
5. Structural technology continues to evolve and the skyscraper construction presents a race to success Planning architectural dreams, include 1700m-4000m,
6.Structural design is a challenge to Super high rise for high altitude wind energy, but not an obstacle, especially wind load analysis and structural design, will derive a new architectural art style.
7. Technology in Confidentiality Development (No living): Cable Membrane Structure - Elastomer Structure - Folding Structure.
8.The living building is already under design. including: 1 segment type .2 slot type .3. Peripheral type. (Belonging to the category, cannot disclose more).
B. Usually the high buildings are designed to reduce the horizontal loads given by wind. Are you sure that we can increase the surface of the buildings to capture all these horizontal forces of the wind, at this high?
1. wind power will not capture all of these winds, there must be a considerable loss, it's calculated loss of 40% in my calculation table.
2. Simulation results:
This result gives us considerable confidence.
3. We will start from the next-high altitude: the current lack of research on the induced wind mechanism at the Leeds bridge-water place tower (367 ft) in the UK, it is called the wind tunnel effect and my guess is that it is slanted or zigzagged. Our field mapping and study will get a lot of data and will also have reasoning predictions about the height of wind energy points.
4. More accurate height design depends on professional research and calculation, as well as wind tunnel test, everything is underway.
C.The high-altitude winds are considered between the 500 to the 10.000 meters. Speaking about high of just 600 meters is not too low?
1. Project design at 500 meters or more, it is the beginning of the calculation, minus 100m, we know the problems, but fortunately, the calculation results to the good, apologize.
2. The architectural height currently planned in the building community: 4,000 meters. This will be our milestone.
Of course, there are fantastic, multiple versions of Space City, such as 37,400 meters in Mexico.
3. The world's tallest building have no reason not to use the high-altitude wind energy in the future, since it has been extended to there.
D.Moreover, what does it mean without living requirements and without load requirements?
1. It is necessary to understand the improvement process: The project inspired to see this video, Discovery Channel- Incredible Engineering Blunders: Fixed 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PVrGZGbRA
Beginning to induce induced draft to solve the problem of haze, then extending to energy and cooling house and city, finally is the combination of existing buildings
2. To reduce costs, designed and manufactured solely for energy and urban air management, Low-cost wind tower structure, including: cable-membrane structure, Elastomeric structure and folded structure. Detailed inconvenience disclosure.
3. Of course, the best way is that the top of the physical building is used to draw the wind, so that the building to achieve: Energy -> Zero energy - > create energy
4. Low-level Drop-Winds-Down structure, but also includes the outer surface of the building winds down.
5. Noise Problem: Considering the load of life, it is a challenge to consider the special fan that generates noise to the power generation process of wind turbines, especially the high-speed wind. The wind power station is close to the city. How to solve the noise problem ,it is a challenge.
6. Excess wind emissions pollution: consider the life load. but also consider a large number of residual wind will produce, when the city temperature is suitable, do not need residual wind cooling and ventilation, The excess wind is discharged to the air emissions, such emissions, Will it affect the weather? such as rainfall is an important issue.
E. Would be economically sustainable if these towers would be just for the production of energy?
E-1 Economic calculation instructions
1. As project origin mentioned above, the use of high-altitude wind under the guidance of scattered haze, and then consider the energy, consider the noise problem, test whether to remove the living features under the conditions of economy, the results show that in order to reduce costs, remove Living facilities, economically proven to be viable,
2. Of course, my calculation is calculated, without any modification, my calculation is very rough, The purpose of the study is to test whether it is worth developing, not to prove that this project is feasible. when I see the results. I am very happy. I saw this project worthy of my work.
3. Economic Calculation Sample Description: The calculation is based on the cable - membrane - plate structure. The design uses an expensive cable structure. Rope is aramid which be used to make body armor, the film is a fluorine film, with a rope fixed, the overall flexibility.
4. Other structures, including the elastomeric structure, the structure of the induced draft tower above 500 meters, the studies will be more professional and accurate after the project development.
5. Roughly calculated notes are still missing, including errors in the Bates coefficient, no change, (Bates 0.593 is calculated as 0.6). Strictly speaking, this is not rigorous, originally calculated only for myself.
6. Technically, benefits include: continued strong winds, it doesn’t need energy storage and substantial increase in actual efficiency. Data on the loss of wind from general wind turbines: nearly 50 billion yuan in China.
7. High-altitude wind speed is stable, with a straight characteristic curve, the costs for making Wind Turbine will down.
E-2. Residential wind tower
1. Additional Value for Building: Households living in self-sufficient energy and cold air supply in the building. All these will bring great benefits to this project.
2. High-altitude wind to the entire city. This is equivalent to install air-conditioning, completely disperse the greenhouse effect, save a lot of energy, the effect exceeds providing energy.
3. Developing urban air management may also be more important than energy supply. The cause of this project is to solve the serious haze problem in China. Drop down clean air from high altitude may become an important resource.
4. With the aid of a learning curve, replacing nuclear energy is our ultimate goal: we will perfect this system and realize the energy revolution.
E-3. Economy, technical background for other high-altitude wind energy projects
When I consider the use of high-altitude wind energy, Comparing the previous peer research, I found some deficiencies, such as: the way the air technology, security \ stability is not good; as a power supplier, this is a fatal flaw; windward area is too small, small-scale, Industrialization prospects bleak. Facing the challenges of energy and climate, it is difficult to undertake such a major mission.
1. Security and stability issues:
2 large-scale issues:
All of this make me determined to study the high-altitude wind energy with new ideas.
Who will take these actions?
1.Start-up companies,Build a team.
2.Partner with universities, we may be able to accelerate the research, development, and prototyping phases by collaborating openly with universities.
Where will these actions be taken?
Research and Development - the author is currently seeking initial private investors to provide funding for research and development.
In addition, specify the country or countries where these actions will be taken.
United Arab Emirates
What impact will these actions have on greenhouse gas emissions and/or adapting to climate change?
1. Access to uninterrupted renewable energy
High-altitude wind energy essence: solar energy, learn from the principle of dam, intercept high-altitude wind energy.
Wind Tower=air Dam=dam
Air Dam Hold Wind --- Concentrated Energy
Dam Hold Water ---Concentrated Energy
Wind Tower Energy =Solar Energy + Energy of the Earth's Rotation
2. Cool Down
2-1. Urban Heat Island Effect
An urban heat island (UHI) is a city or metropolitan area that is significantly warmer than its surrounding rural areas due to human activities. The temperature difference usually is larger at night than during the day, and is most noticeable when winds are weak. UHI is most noticeable during the summer and winter. The main cause of the urban heat island effect is from the modification of land surfaces.
There are several causes of an urban heat island (UHI); for example, dark surfaces absorb significantly more solar radiation, which causes urban concentrations of roads and buildings to heat more than suburban and rural areas during the day; materials commonly used in urban areas for pavement and roofs, such as concrete and asphalt, have significantly different thermal bulk properties and surface radiative properties than the surrounding rural areas. This causes a change in the energy budget of the urban area, often leading to higher temperatures than surrounding rural areas.
2-2. Cooling Applications of the Wind Tower
Some cities exhibit a heat island effect, largest at night. Seasonally, UHI is displayed both in summer and winter. The typical temperature difference is several degrees between the center of the city and surrounding fields. (12 °C)."The difference in temperature between an inner city and its surrounding suburbs is frequently mentioned in weather reports, as in "68 °F (20 °C) downtown, 64 °F (18 °C) in the suburbs". "The annual mean air temperature of a city of 1 million people or more can be 1.8–5.4 °F (1.0–3.0 °C) warmer than its surroundings. In the evening.
2-3. Altitude Atmospheric Temperature
2-4. Cold Energy Calculations of the Wind Tower
2-5. Ratio of Cold Energy to Electric Energy
2-6.Additional effects-moisture control
Moist Air Risks To Human Health And Industry,Wind Tower Bring Dry Air.Can Adjust The Range Of Air Humidity.
What are other key benefits?
1. Blow Away the Haze
1-1. The Haze situation
severe Haze Weather,Patients of The Respiratory Increases By 20% - 50%,Beijing City(2011)
1-2. Wind Tower Blow Away the Haze
1-3.City Ventilation Corridor
Cooperation with City Ventilation Corridor
Beijing plans to build six ventilation corridor to potential for enhanced ventilation
Other Planned Cities,Shanghai,Hangzhou,Wuhan,Nanjing,Zhuzhou,Guiyang,Shaoxing?Fuzhou……
1-4. Calculate Roughly for Blowing Away the Haze
Experts: "haze quilt" thickness of up to 350 meters. it is the dirtiest below the third floor
2. Indoor cooling and ventilation
What are the proposal’s projected costs?
1. Comparison with ordinary wind power
2. Comparison with nuclear power
Very rough in order to see how much difference with the nuclear energy, it seems to face nuclear energy, the high-altitude wind energy have the opportunity.
1. In cooperation with architecture professors, measure and study two existing buildings that can collect wind, verify wind tunnel effects, and obtain wind collection data. By coincidence, they are all in England.
A. Leeds bridge-water place tower
My guess 1:
My guess 2:
B.Walkie Talkie skyscraper
Architectural design errors may bring new energy opportunities.
2. Virtual wind tunnel simulation analysis, access to design basis information and innovative methods
3.Wind tunnel test, the basic research on the construction wind load design.
4. Borrowing building: look for the existing buildings that are suitable for induced draft and attach the induced draft fan outside the building.
5. Engineering Design: The formal design of the wind-induced construction,
6. Participate in the bidding UAE and Japan's grand building plan,
Saudi Arabia Plans $ 500-Billion Futuristic City Billed as "A Startup the Size of a Country"
There are many plans for the building in the Bay Area, and there is also the need for high-altitude cold air.
7. Demonstration project: 2 years
8. Promotion and application: 1 year
About the author(s)
1.Wen-Juan Lou,Xin Wang; WIND-INDUCED RESPONSES OF AHIGH-RISE TRANSMISSION TOWER TO THUNDERSTORM DOWNBURSTS
2.Bryan W. Roberts, David H. Shepard, Life Senior Member, IEEE, Ken Caldeira?Harnessing High Altitude Wind Power
3.Cristina L. Archer and Ken Caldeira?Global Assessment of High-Altitude Wind Power?energies?ISSN 1996-1073
9.Cristina L. Archer and Mark Z. Jacobson?Evaluation of global wind power?JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH, VOL. 110
4.Cristina L. Archer?Ken Caldeira?Atlas of high altitude wind power?Stanford,16 June 2008
5.Imran Aziz?Design of a High Altitude Wind Power Generation System?2013 ISRN: LIU-IEI-TEK-A--13/01725—SE
6.Saeed Boyerahmadi, Nima Amjady, Abbas Rezaey?A New Approach for Classification of Airborne Wind Energy Generation Systems?J. Basic. Appl. Sci. Res., 2(10)10752-10757, 2012
7.Daryoush Allaei, Yiannis Andreopoulos?INVELOX Description of a new concept in wind power and its performance evaluation?Energy 69 (2014) 336e344
8.Goal?High Altitude Wind Power Dave North