Jul 23, 2018
How to integrate the knowledge of seniors into climate action is laudable. However it is unclear if the theory of change this proposal is based on would be accurate. A major problem as the author seems to have interpreted it is that SMEs suffer from a lack of knowledge on how to maximize opportunities for GHG reductions. This may partly be true but there are also many resources available and there have been programs offering free assessments. The struggle for SMEs seems to usually be around the implementation. Also it is not clear how the author plans to achieve 50,000 paying members over just 8 months. There is potentially something here but it would it would require validating the assumption that SMEs need more free or cheap advice.
Jul 23, 2018
Little consideration is given to the competitive landscape and what already exists within this ecosystem. Very little impact delivered for the investment in the budget. Unclear how this initiative will be able to draw the attention and $5 from 50,000 SMEs within eight months.
Manohar Lal Baharani
Jul 24, 2018
Appreciate the encouraging kind words in your first sentence. My inputs / response on your findings is as under:
1. I also believe that SME's do not suffer from the lack of knowledge in Ontario. This aspect is covered in the summary section wherein the availability of professionals, technologists, researchers is noted and to be utilised through appropriate forms of networking on business terms.
2. Availability of many resources for supporting GHG reductions is also acknowledged in the summary section. For example Green Bank, Climate Smart Proposals, Green Energy Act, Low Carbon Partnership, Cap & Trade and many more.
3. I agree and have visualised that the main issue is finding an environmentally benign schemes / projects / programs and their techno-commercial viability for implementation. For techno-commercial viability the major barrier is the internalisation of environmental concerns mitigation cost in the competitive market driven economy.
4. As regard fund raising for Think Tank; the first eight months is to instil the confidence among SMEs about its utility. $5 / year by each SME is a notional contribution to sustain the base operations. Attracting 50,000 SME over subsequent one year to join the membership is the target. Thus total period of 20 months to attain the sustainable operations on financial front. Full time working on this endeavour for 20 months is considered adequate to attract SMEs on its merits / benefits to join the membership. In return the SMEs shall be getting a news letter, access to knowledge bank reservoir and sharing of best practices over an electronic platform. The proposals for the techno-commercially viable schemes for implementations shall be made on commercial terms covering the fees of concerned experts drawn from Canada / world wide resources and all other costs. Only the Think Tank shall operate on not for profit mode.
5. There is no room for the cheap or free advice in the proposal. All the implementable proposals shall be on cost worked out on a case to case basis. The Think Tank shall provide leads relevant to the SMEs businesses and share the knowledge on an electronic platform. The theory of change is emanating from grazing the collective intelligence of matured competency professionals.
Trust the above answers your findings. Accordingly, I have up dated the "Desirability" and " Scalability" sections of the proposals that your good self may like to have a look.
I would welcome more comments, sportingly, as they shall enrich the proposal for its possible realisation.
Manohar Lal Baharani
Jul 24, 2018
Thank you for your observations. My input / comments are as follows:
1. Full consideration is given to the competitive landscape and prevailing ecosystem. I have visited Mississauga as well in the year 2017. The main barrier is how to contain the mitigation costs of environmental concern for GHG reduction and to achieve the techno-commercially viable feasibility studies. The feasibility studies that are techno-commercially viable only forms the basis of implementing any project / scheme / program in a market driven economy. This is where the collective intelligence of matured competency people shall be put to work.
2.The fund raising $5 per year / SME is envisaged after 8 months over the next one year allowing total of 20 months time. It is a target set and considered as achievable with full time working of 20 months from Mississauga on this proposal.
Trust the above answers your concerns raised. Accordingly; I have up dated further the "Desirability" and " Scalability" sections of the proposal for your kind perusal.
I shall welcome more comments; sportingly; as that will enrich the proposal for its possible implementation.
ADD YOUR COMMENT
You must be logged into your account to post a comment.