Sustainable Tourism and Nature Conservation by Gurkha Innovation
Tourism is the main industry to leave carbon footprints and cause of nature destruction. Natural tourist attractions are gaining popularity.
Reduce the carbon footprints of tourism industry in ecologically vital areas and raise awareness among travelers to be Eco-friendly. At the same time those who are living with nature in natural tourist destinations will be encouraged to protect the nature making it a value for their living and contribution against climate change. Use of locally produced daily items, no leaving behind the wastes in travel destinations, no use of plastic during travel, no use of luxury services brought up by the use of fossil fuels and non renewable energy sources and daily lessons, workshops about the ecological importance of each travel destinations will be regulated among the travelers.
Nature is in the hand of those human beings who resides close to them and unfortunately also in the hands of corrupted policy makers around the world. So making the locals living near natural resources independent of what they can do to protect the natural tourist attractions from which they are earning should help protect environment effectively.
In Nepal and India, it is possible to auto-migrate* destruction based development lovers near towns and cities. Hence at the same time education and information about the future prospectus of nature protection from the view point of earning, lifestyle and health of locals who likes to live there and protect it from destruction. Doing it actually benefits the agricultural lands which are largely been polluted and plotted for residence. Centralize the human population except those who likes to live in remote sites by offering functional to earn with enough privacy common settlement options in city areas. In India and Nepal this is about 95% of the village residing population willing to settle in city. Village in Nepal and India refers to those naturally unexploited areas with self sustaining plant ecosystem, rain cycle and naturally unmodified seeds germinating climate.
*self-encouraged to migrate.
Is this proposal for a practice or a project?
What actions do you propose?
1)Travel industries involvement and scale-able efforts on leaving no tourist footprints in Himalayas of Nepal and India . First step in this process will be to induct tourism industry about the immense value of nature for their business and the rate of destruction being done by latest uncontrolled construction work going on and its future consequences in their business. Lastly show the business owners how sentiment of global public rising for environment, health if they really care about nature and result if they fake.
2) Recognition of the most active action adopter company by global media coverage as a message to climate change deniers.
3) Establishment of climate indices measurement centers costing minimal budget around a thousand USD per center(Rough) in location with visibly poor environment qualities. To measure the current data versus the improvement data within course of time. We can prove the reverse of climate change.
4) Threshold of plastic use countrywide and the waste disposal management process of any organization will be monitored and reported.
5)Celebration of anything will be encouraged to plant the highest number of plants with aim to make it live longest possible.
6) Group of Youth with every quality to stop and discourage forest destroyers, river diggers, mountain polluters will be deployed in fields covering every possible forests with wildlife adoptive fences.
Who will take these actions?
The action plan can be principally circulated through tourism business vendors, local government bodies and tourist attractions local people who lives near to nature.
Where will these actions be taken?
Those tourist attractions which are highly important from the viewpoint of nature and vulnerable of destruction due to uncontrolled swarming tourism.
In addition, specify the country or countries where these actions will be taken.
No country selected
What impact will these actions have on greenhouse gas emissions and/or adapting to climate change?
1)Vulnerable Himalayan Eco-system will not get warmer too fast if we are able to protect greenery of Indian and Nepalese forests. Melting of snow-caps is the main cause of sea level rise making entire country to drown. General people are made addicted to luxury and even common group of people are automatically inducted to see construction going on like roads, dams, even their own houses. Forest is only the solution for nature conservation and as obvious most of the cases lush green with some special additions are the best travel destinations now. We can educate about the value of nature and some good practices they can adopt in their rest of life the large variety of people from entire globe with tourism. So Nepal and India can set the best example of nature conservation as the Himalayas starts to the north and fertile lands with dense forest ends towards the south.
2) Increase of forest density in any corner of Globe is good for carbon deposition. So global population be at good health.
What are other key benefits?
1) Natural existence of ecologically valuable part of world will remain intact
2) local people who are living close to natural environment in remote areas will be encouraged
3) Income of a nation will be largely helped as tourism is the growing business in world
What are the proposal’s projected costs?
USD 10000 per annum per destination
About the author(s)
Nabin Dhital. Innovative Researcher , Nature lover