Algae Frame to handle Global Warming. This differs from other approaches,its simple and more efficient but requires government support.
1) Algae is simple plant that can be grown easily.
2) Using a frame, we can grow the algae. The base of the slider can be a thin layer of any rock or a wood, which helps in the growth of the algae.
3) The frame can be fixed easily, to wall, to boards, or a container truck.
The idea is to have a mobile / superimposed forest set up using any small plants which does photosynthesis at various places.
- Industrial plants (Petroleum, manufacturing industries, Where pollution is more.)
- Offices Buildings (Where a big banner can be decorated, or certain floors can be used to harvest the plants, where there is adequate sunlight,rains).If we bring a rule that every office should implement this for an floor, with so many building around, still we cover a lot of area.
- Moving vehicles like Carrier trucks, and trains (where the frames can be fitted and removed easily) This frames can be removed and installed during the service period of the vehicle.
- Sides of Houses / Residential area
The idea seems to be clumsy, when it gets implemented on the sides of the house or an building. but if it is designed properly it makes a huge difference, every sq cm counts, as the say goes droplets of water creates ocean, installation of frames has a huge impact in the climate as we are creating thinly populated distributed superimposed algae forest.
I believe every one would contribute for this, no one would mind to hang an algae frames on the exterior walls of their home, considering a better future.With the help of designers looks can be improved as well.
With the help of some botanist an algae paint could be developed which serves as a paint on the walls for sometime and as they grow up they can be scrapped easily say after a certain period, under the influence of gravity.
The idea is detailed out in below url:
Which proposals are included in your plan and how do they fit together?
Explanation of the emissions scenario calculated in the Impact tab
Its been mentioned that algae captures more co2 than trees
- Algae can be used as fuel alternate energy source.
- Algae helps in reducing Co2
- Algae reduces pollution
- Cost of implementing the idea can be less as algae plays a vital role.
- With help of architects and advance nano composites this can be implemented in cities as well.
- It generates job opportunities as the algae sliders needs to be handled and scrapped periodically, a separate garbage collecting team is required to collect and treat them, and algae slider removing and fixing team is required to fix the sliders, apart from this algae sliders manufacturing team is required.
- Frames been used can be a stone or any irregular surface with a thin slice,with circulation of some saline water algae can be grown easily and quickly.
- Algal Farming http://www.sciencealert.com.au/opinions/20083004-17248.html
- Dessert to Fertile land using algae http://www.gizmag.com/sahara-forest-project-pilot-plant-approved/17633/
What are the plan’s key benefits?
- Cost of implementing the idea can be less as algae plays a vital role, in storing the carbon and absorbing the pollutants but the initial cost may be more as algae frames needs to manufactured and handled properly.
- Technical implementation may post a hurdle as the support of the government is required in implementing the rules.
- When the sunlight and illumination and saline water circulation is been done properly efficiency will be more.
Its been mentioned that green algae captures more co2 than trees http://utopianfrontiers.com/2-examples-of-algae-based-carbon-capture-technology-1-co2-absorbing-street-lamps-2-rd-plant-related-technology-followed-by-overview-of-carbon-capture-and-storage-historybackground/
What are the plan’s costs?
It depends on the area it is going to be implemented.
Ideally Industries are suitable, to start with this idea, then based on the performance, we can implement the changes to other factors like transport vehicle bodies, water bodies, advertisement boards etc.
What are the key challenges to enacting this plan?
- This can be implemented in phases based on Area, where the pollution is more probably first in sites where Co2 emission is more. Then it can be implemented slowly in other places, bases on its response.
- The idea can be implemented in phases based on the type :
- Transport (There a large no of carrier trucks around the world)
- Industrial plant walls (Geometrically structured walls)
- Advertisement banner carvings.
Thanks for your questions
For Judge 1
1. There are some research that says algae can absorb more co2 gas than tree,
"an algae lamp that absorbs CO2 in the air--at the rate of 1 ton PER YEAR, or what a tree absorbs over its entire lifetime!"
This should be true with all green algae! That is a huge amount, moreover algae are cheaper.
and they grow quickly, compared to other plants more over their size is an advantage, we can use them in walls, and even on the sides of container trucks where it doesn't become cumbersome.
Some more ref
- Co2 capturing technology by algae : http://utopianfrontiers.com/2-examples-of-algae-based-carbon-capture-technology-1-co2-absorbing-street-lamps-2-rd-plant-related-technology-followed-by-overview-of-carbon-capture-and-storage-historybackground/
- Same idea shared in GPY2015 http://https://crowdsourcing.itu.int/post/40111
- Advantage of Origin oil over fossil fuel http://www.carsdirect.com/green-cars/the-advantages-of-biofuels-over-fossil-fuels
- Algal Farming: Barren land to fertile http://www.sciencealert.com.au/opinions/20083004-17248.html
- Dessert to Fertile http://www.gizmag.com/sahara-forest-project-pilot-plant-approved/17633/