Since there are no currently active contests, we have switched Climate CoLab to read-only mode.
Learn more at https://climatecolab.org/page/readonly.
Skip navigation

Community Discussions

Cultural Differences: Participation en todos el mundo

2comments
Share conversation: Share via:

Pia Jensen

Jun 25, 2013
10:34

1 |
Share via:
There are some stark contrasts regarding participation in different regions of the world. During my studies in Florida at a university with many students from Latin America, I became aware of these differences. Now that I live in Central America it is very clear that certain ideas/myths/conceptions/fears prevent quite a few people from joining the dialog here. If the "team" were to add new procedures to future contests, it might be good to consider: Language Outreach to Latin American students more Political issues/actions which have caused fear Just saying

Laur Hesse Fisher

Jun 26, 2013
05:21

Staff

2 |
Share via:
Thanks Pia! These are good ideas and we're currently exploring contests that focus on certain areas of the world that will be strongly impacted by climate change. We don't at the moment have the capacity to hold contests in multiple languages; that being said, do you have recommendations on how we could better engage Latin American students? In addition, you mentioned: "It is very clear that certain ideas/myths/conceptions/fears prevent quite a few people from joining the dialog here." Can you give me an understanding of what these "ideas/myths/conceptions/fears" are? Thanks!